Friday, June 13, 2014

Insomnia:

Ever since I was a kid I've always had trouble sleeping. I've always considered myself a night own but it's really more than that. I can lie in bed for hours and my brain refuses to shut off. I think about things I need to do the following day, I pray, I run through every single worry in my head, I look at the clock and calculate how many hours I'll of sleep I would get if only I could fall asleep.
I've tried sleepy time teas, hot baths, lavender oils (hubs hates lavender) and even wine. And nothing really helps. I use to catch up on my sleep on weekends back in the BC days (before children) but those days are long gone. I never knew a person could function on such little sleep. I was up all night Wednesday night with a sick kiddo and finally got about 3 hours of on and off sleep between 8:30 and noon yesterday. I really expected to sleep well last night due to exhaustion... No such luck! I was in bed for 3 hours before I finally fell asleep!
Who knew you could survive on so little sleep? Tonight Maybe I'll have some tea, a warm bath and then some meditation time... I've never tried that before.

No comments:

Post a Comment