Friday, February 2, 2018

Becoming a better wife

One of my New Years goals was to be a better wife. It seems like by the end of the day I am so worn out from taking care of three kids that my husband was getting my leftovers. He was getting jipped! I decided that I wanted to make an extra effort to make sure my husband knows that I love and appreciate him. Some days it's as simple as a post it on his coffee mug saying "I love you babe! Have a great day!" or something more elaborate like his favorite meal and a back rub. The point is that I am trying to show love for my husband without expecting anything in return. And you know what, it's making a difference! It's reminding me daily to put aside selfish tendencies and focus on being selfless, it's making my husband feel more loved and accepted and he is starting to reciprocate (though that isn't expected).
A big part of this is prayerfulness. Prayer is such a strong and powerful thing. I feel like when I set aside time to talk to God about my husband and my marriage, it truly makes a difference. It also helps me focus on our relationship more.
Some days are easier than others but it isn't a fruitless endeavor!

proverbs 14:1 says:
The wisest of women builds her house, but folly with her own hands tears it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment