Sunday, July 28, 2013

The making of a wet bag!

I made a wet bag for my cloth diapers! I have a small one for the diaper bag that a friend gave me, but I was just using a trash can as a diaper pail and it wasn’t cutting it for us.
I went to my local fabric store and got 1/2 yard of PUL (polyurethane laminate), which is waterproof diaper fabric. I folded the fabric in half lengthwise and folded over the two edges at the top for the drawstring and sewed them up. Then, with the bag inside out, I sewed up the sides (stopping before I got to the drawstring). I turned the bag right side out and threaded the drawstring and VOILA, I had a wet bag!
IMG_5796
Sewing down the edges where the drawstring will go.
IMG_5798

once both ends are sewn you will fold the fabric in half inside out like above.

IMG_5799
Pin in place.


IMG_5801
Start at what will be the bottom of the bag and sew toward the top.
IMG_5802
Stopping before you get to the drawstring holes.
IMG_5803
It should look like the above picture once you’re done sewing.
IMG_5804
Now all you have to do is thread the drawstring!
wet bag
It works great and I love the fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment