Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ultrasound day!

First off I have to make a correction... In my last post I said that the ultrasound was at 2:00 but it was really at 3:00 on January 18, 2011
I worked a half day that day and then met up with Chris at the doctors office for the ultrasound. We went back to the ultrasound room with the tech and Chris was going to video it with our little flip video but she wouldn't let him :(
From where Chris was sitting he could see the screen but I couldn't. He kept asking the lady questions and I could tell she was getting annoyed (had she never seen an excited dad in her line of work?), she kept telling him that she would answer all of his questions when she was done but she never did.
Once she was finished looking at everything she needed to look at she asked us if we wanted to know the sex of the baby and of corse we said yes. She moved her "wand" across my belly and said "Oh, that's a little girl." chris asked her if she was sure and she said, "I would be buying pink stuff."
A girl! No more wondering, we knew!!
The night before the ultrasound I had Chris go by the store and buy two balloons, one that said "it's a boy" and one that said "it's a girl" so that we could tell people in a fun way. Chris told me that he had plans for us that night after the ultrasound and wouldn't let me tell anybody anything about the ultrasound... That was hard!
When we left the doctors office we went by the hospital where Auntie works and I got to show her the pink "it's a girl" balloon!! It was so fun! Next we went to see Granny and show her the balloon and tell her the news. After that we went back to the doctors office so Chris could drive his truck home and I could drive the Saturn home. I still had no idea what was going on that night and didn't know why I couldn't even call my mother but Chris threatened to take my phone away so I behaved.
We didn't stay at home long, Chris said we had to stop by his parents church to help his mom move some tables and stuff. When we walked in tons of our friends and family were all there waiting on us! Chris had thrown a surprise party to reveal the sex of our baby (he still calls it "the sex party")!! I was shocked to see so many people gathered to share in the excitement. It was so much fun!!
Zoey, you have an awesome dad!!
After the party we called the friends that couldn't make it to the party and shared the news. We went to the hospital where my aunt Missy works and got to tell her. Then we went to the Verizon store where my friend Megan worked so we could tell her. All in all it was an awesome day :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment